Friday, April 11, 2008

I am finally a part of the "GIRL" league!

It's official! In my mid-thirties, I can finally say I'm only missing one thing off of that girly girl stuff to do list but that's actually scheduled for next week.

I've been waxed (face and lips only, at least), I've had a couple back massages and today, I had hand and foot massages along with my manicure and pedicure. Next week, an actual facial.

Yes, sounds mundane and boring to you reading but to know me means you know how odd this all is for me. I play sports, bite my nails and rarely wear nail polish. It's a good day if my hair comes out of it's ponytail and a great day if I put make up on at the same time!

Back on topic, however. I can say my heel feels a lot softer than it ever has before and I can now say I understand why girls like this. It's a break from everything. You HAVE to sit there while someone else handles the details of massage, polish, cuticle cutting, etc. It's easy to do from the customer perspective. Just pick the polish color and sit. Ahh, too tough.

So the question is, will I go back and have this done again? Yes, I think I will but probably only on rare occasions. I don't like to pay for these things too much but I am realizing that I'm getting older and much more surprising to me is that I see the wrinkles starting or the bags under the eyes getting darker and I realize that I don't like it too much. Well, I don't like looking older than I feel, that's really what I don't like.

So, I'm starting the girl thing. Testing out various inexpensive ways to treat myself and have the things done for me that I don't want to bother with. Manicure, pedicure, eyebrow waxing, hair coloring... I'm really curious to see how a facial feels now. Wish me luck!

No comments: