Friday, September 3, 2010

Sew and Tell Friday Finish

It's been a while since I've done one of AmyLouWho's Friday Sew and Tells (see the button on the side bar) but I'm in just under the wire at 9:48pm on Friday. I've finished a lap quilt top.

This started as a hand work only quilt. I measured, cut, and started sewing by hand but the summer went by (without a sewing machine) and I never got around to it.  When I had my machine back, I couldn't resist this quick top I envisioned.

However, now that I look at it, I see it needs something else.

No, not that. (My son, always trying to get on my blog. This time, by imitating what my dogs normally do, lay on the quilt while I'm taking a photo.)
Perhaps a border so I'll pop one on soon. Thicker on the long ends and thinner on the short ends.
I'm still counting this as a finish since it is finished to what I originally intended, though.  I need the "finish" in my pocket this weekend.

Cheers! Beck

10 comments:

Barb said...

I don't know which I like better, the boy or the dog...both are cute.

Leslie said...

a border would look beautiful on this and would set it off so well!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I think this would look great with a dark brown border, I think it would really help ground it. I love this diagonal pattern, I'm working on a diagonal quilt like yours for my hubby's birthday.

Paulette said...

I really like the blues/browns/greens in this quilt. A border would be nice, but I like it without just fine too.

Karen said...

It will make a great centre panel. What about a small solid border and then a larger border. Great piecing skills. It sure does feel weird not having your sewing machine around.

Shay said...

I bet finishing this felt like manna from heaven after your sewing abstinence.

It's beautiful. The colours are so vibrant and set each other off perfectly. What colour are you thinking for the border?

Katie B said...

I love the diagonal effect! Great colors.

p.s.phyllis sews said...

I agree with the camp that says a border would be great. Your colors are great and your son is very funny! Enjoy both!

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

Love the colors in this! I agree with the others, a border would be nice. So glad you didn't have to hand sew the entire things. :)

Haylee said...

That looks like so much work. I can't believe that you were hand sewing it.