Friday, January 14, 2011

Favorite Things Friday

Today's favorite thing is nothing exciting. It's hardly ever metioned, as a matter of fat, until one finds the need is so promnient they acknowledge it.  Me, on the other hand, every morning and most nights, I'm proclaiming how much I like it, not just need it.

This morning, it occured to me that it is one of my favorite things. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sleep.
Del Sueno. (Spanish)
Codladh. (Irish)

(Incidentially, I was going to provide you with several translations of "sleep" but in Italian, French, and German, to name a few. Translate from "sleep" to "sleep" on the online translators.  How annoying is that?)

Sleep rests my body, absolutely. Sleep is also my natural reaction to stress. If I have something deep to think about, sleeping on it generally works for me. Imagine how tired I am when big decisions like where to live next are hovering over me!

I like sleep, it's one of my favorite things.  And maybe, just maybe, I'm one step away from being a narcaleptic because right now, I'm fighting closing my eyes and simply sleeping and so I'll just leave you with a picture of what I'll be doing as soon as I sign off here today.
Don't forget to check out other favorites by following the link on my sidebar!

Cheers! Beck

15 comments:

Quiet Quilter said...

Me, too.....Yawn.....

Love the picture!

Larri said...

Sleep is definitely a precious commodity and a wonderful favourite! Thanks for sharing. Happy FTF!

PS...Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. While I hate that you went through it too, it's nice to know I wasn't alone. :o)

Barb said...

I have always had trouble with sleep.....if I am in a car too long, I am out...during the day a little nap... My husband makes jokes about me and sleep...but at night, I don't sleep good, never have and maybe that is why?

Come over, you take one couch, I will take the other and we will take a nap(oh..watch a movie)...

John'aLee said...

Oh I am so with you on this one girlie! I have to get my 9 hours a night or I'm not worth anything. I used to try and go with a lot less but got so tired of being 'tired' all day long. Funny thing...since I was a kid...I was always emphatic on getting my sleep!
What a great post!

thea said...

One of my favorite things too. I have trouble getting there, but I hate when I have to get up! I probably should try going to sleep earlier, but I don't.

Alisa said...

This is definitely one of my most favorite things! My entire family knows not to disturb Mommy when she's sleeping.

Sara said...

When it comes to sleep, I am like an old car with bad brakes. I find it had to get going and even harder to stop. That's why I'm posting this comment at 3am local time, and wont get out of bed till lunchtime tomorrow.

Sometimes though, I do feel like that cat.

Paulette said...

God, yes. Especially the sleep you get right before you have to get up in the morning. My Spanish is hella rusty, but I thought it was "dormir"? In German, it's Schlaf. Anyway, who cares, it's all good.

Marg said...

Totally agree, but would appreciate if my body would stop deciding it only needs 4 hours sleep, would kill to have seven hours sleep in one block :0

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I just recently "grew out of" taking naps in the afternoon. I love to sleep, it totally kills my husband! He can't believe someone could need that much sleep :)

love your FTF!

I bet you're sleeping better now that Jillian is kicking your butt!

Shay said...

Im with Sara on this one.

This would be a favourite if I could ever get enough of it.

While I like sleep - I find it hard to get there and even harder to sleep in. I got 7 hours sleep last night and am amazed at how wonderful I feel this morning. That's where one of my other favourite things comes in ....Mr. Coffee !

I wish I could get MORE sleep.

Kate said...

Love the cat, I'm always worried that will happen to me between the computer and bed at night. Great favorite!

Helsie said...

I guess we all love our sleep especially those of us who don't get much. I don't have any trouble in that department, drift off blissfully to my Rainforest music every night. The only trouble is I SNORE !!
Cheers
Helen

Tamera said...

LOVE the pic, lol.

Becks said...

Hello! - I've tagged you on my blog - please pop over to see why and accept only if you wish to :o)