Thursday, March 31, 2011

Favorite Things Friday (again)

So Ms. Pyjamas hosts this wonderful FTF and you have to know, it's a great way to meet new bloggers and to enjoy a little bit of fun insight shared by others. Take a look and link on up with your own favorite thing.  You can't go wrong.

In thinking about this week's FTF, I had a few random quilt-related FTFs and then I would see some great food commercial and I thought about comfort food and doing a mosaic of it for you. I decided I'd spare us all that until next week and this week, I'd focus on a few quilt-related favorites.  They are small items but are no less important than any one large favorite.  So, without fanfare and without many pictures (okay, any pictures) here are my things.


It is a favorite thing when I am sewing and my machine gets louder and louder and louder.

It is a favorite thing when I run out of the color of thread I'm quilting with and I only have about 10 inches of quilting space left to fill.

It is a favorite thing when I don't plan ahead, cannot find a proper binding, there's a snowstorm outside and I promised the quilt would be in the mail yesterday.

It is a favorite thing when I start 16 projects and never finish one.  It's really great for this slightly-OCD person.

It is a favorite thing the quilt starts so pretty in my head and looks like crap when it's put together.

It is a favorite thing when I don't have time to blog like I want to.

It is a favorite thing when I don't have time to quilt like I want to.

It is a favorite thing...

when I get to say Happy April Fool's Day.

Cheers! Beck

8 comments:

Paulette said...

I can definitely relate to your "favorites." How about when you're so happy to be done quilting something only to realize your backing was folded over on itself and you have to un-quilt a big section. Happy FTF and April Fool's Day!

Michelle Ridgway said...

It's a favourite thing when you forget it actually April Fools Day!!! I've only written the date a dozen times today.

thea said...

how funny! I forgot it was April 1st (well it isn't here yet .. but will be soon). I couldn't figure out how those things could be favorites.

Kate said...

Happy April Fools! Very fun post.

Marg said...

Love the post, even though I knew it was April Fool's you still had me scratching my head. Well done, I think I can relate to pretty much all of those.

Lane said...

You got me. I thought you'd end that quilting must be a favorite thing if we're willing to put up with all that other stuff. Happy Friday and Happy April. Lane

Shay said...

Great Post Becks. Totally sucked me in!

I was sitting here thinking - "has she been drinking?"...

You're the only person who managed to fool me today ..well done!

seabreezequilts said...

You had me in too, was wonder what could do all those things I am sure I need one.