Okay, I decided that when I do Weigh-In Weds., I should also post a recipe that I liked and tried during the week. Something on the healthier side. I figured you should be "rewarded" for my "confessions."
First off, 1 lb. lost. It'd probably be more but, well, I suck. lol
1) I worked Jillian's Shred 3x in the last week, walked one day, slacked the rest. I was very tired from Jillian this time around, not sore. Just exhausted.
2) I won't give you a complete run-down of my eating but I will say a couple fast food meals made their way in as well as some soft serve ice cream with sprinkles a couple times last week. This was tempered, however, with my eating better at least 50% of the week.
3) I know that if I eat better 100% of the time and actually exercise everyday, (one day, Sunday, I will not workout with Jillian but I will walk in my fields), I will post a higher loss next week.
4) I also know that I'm okay with last week's results. All things considered, I feel better already and I was able to work with Jillian this morning and not want to collapse. Most importantly, I only cursed her one time the whole 20 minutes! THAT is CHANGE, people.
Overall, go me. A slow start and I can do better so I will.
Second up, the recipe. I was planning on having this for mother's day but the hubs made his version. I do not want to know what was in his, it was too good, too rich, too lovely for me to ask or worry. However, I have made this before and it's quite good and lovely all on it's own (especially if you can use fresh instead of canned mushrooms).
FILET WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
NOTE: This recipe was adapted from a recipe on Weight Watchers.com from kitchen of ABOOMGAARDEN
1 clove garlic, minched
1/8 cup shallot (I used 1/3 of medium vidalia onion), diced
2 Tbsp cornstarch (I was out & had to use flour)
2 Tbsp water
16 oz canned mushrooms, drained & sliced (originally called for fresh but canned worked fine)
1/2 cup dry white wine (originally called for sherry - red wine might work better, I just didn't feel like opening any)
8 oz sodium free beef broth
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
4 oz filet tenderloin, trimmed
- Melt 1/2 butter in large skillet, season both sides of filet with salt and pepper.
- Add filets to skillet and cook 3.5 minutes on each side (or to the desired level of done). Remove from pan but keep warm.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter. Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic for approximately 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine and beef broth, and a touch more salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water and cornstarch until smooth. Increase heat and add to the pan, stirring constantly to a boil. Once the mixture thickens, serve over the heated filets.
Serve with fresh steamed vegetables and enjoy!