Sunday, August 21, 2011

I did it. The Pinwheel Sampler is complete

So I finished the Pinwheel Sampler on time. I would have preferred not to bind by machine, which I feel is my weakest part of quilt making, but I only had so much time available.  It measured about 73"x55" and was machine quilted in a large meander.

I donated it to the silent auction fundraiser and in a small crowd, it sold for $70. I am pleased with that.

Here's the final picture. I used PS I Quilt's Pinwheel Sampler pattern.

Thank you all for your help! :)


9 comments:

Barb said...

Looks wonderful!!!

thea said...

It turned out really well! Nice finish!

Shay said...

That turned out brilliantly. I love the use of the plaid for the sashing.It looks so comfy and just begging to be used and loved.

Way to go on the auction result. And good grief - you're fast with the finishes !

Susan Entwistle said...

I like it. I'm sure the recipient was thrilled to win. Nice job.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I bet it's wrapped around someone tonight - it looks like a hug waitingfor a body! Lovely!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks perfect! That was fast!

Kate said...

Very nice. Love the blue plaid for the sashing. Congrats on getting it finished.

Marg said...

It looks great, love the plaid sashing and the blue cornerstones. Gee you work fast!

Myra said...

Looking great! Good on you on another finish! 8-)