If you haven't grabbed your materials yet, there's still plenty of time, get your stuff and join it! There will be a surprise for one participant along the way.
Ah yes, it's time! I'm doing this 2 ways, with the written word and with a very amateur set of videos.
I'm apologizing in advance for the videos. I started with just me and the camera, then my son J decided to help by moving the camera for us but in the process, instead of keeping it just to my hands, he shows you that I'm wearing my pajamas! So, in essence, my early morning effort to get this done and posted today has been found out. We've shown you all my penguin pajama bottoms and old Army PT shirt. Sorry about that but I wasn't about to redo the video.
Okay so here is the VIDEO Tutorial Part 1. This shows how to start and put sections 1 and 2 together.
1) You take fabric for section 1 and put it right side together with the fabric for section 2 and line up the edges. Place them on your cutting board with side 1 on top and side 2 on your cutting board.
2) Place the pattern right side down over the fabric so the fabric for section 1 is under the actual section 1 and positiong the line that is between section 1 & 2 about 1/4" in from the edge of the fabric. Be sure that each section line is also set approximately 1/4" inside the edge of the fabric. Pin in place.
See these next steps in the VIDEO TUTORIAL Part 2.
4) Start stitching on the line between sections 1 and 2. Put paper up and fabric on the bottom. Go from the one end of the line to the other end and do not stitch over. However, take one backstitch at the beginning and end to help lock it in place.
8) Repeat steps 4-7 for each section. Be sure to follow the numbers. After section 6, do not cut.
See these next steps in the VIDEO TUTORIAL Part 3.
9) Go to section 7 and trim the fabric 1/4" away from the line for section 1 and section 7. Then sew on section 7.
Flickr Group! Questions can be answered here or through the discussion board on the Flickr Group, as well. If you post them there, others, besides me can also answer. :)