This year, I'm going to write down some of my quilt-related resolutions so maybe next year, when I think about answering the question, did I accomplish what I've set out to do in 2012, I can actually look at a list and say yes or no.
I should rephrase. These aren't really resolutions, these are more of a list of what I'd like to get around to finishing.
- My SIL Jinney Beyer Quilt (a long time UFO that has no excuse to continue to be one)
- My stitch along blocks which will create a quilt for my other SIL. Turns out, she really liked how they looked and the lightbulb flashed (This is the quilt I can give her).
- Quilts for my nieces (2) in FL. They haven't gotten a quilt yet and they should.
- Quilts for my nephews (2) in ME. They haven't gotten a quilt yet and they should.
- Quilt for another SIL. That means, a quilt for BIL also b/c he'd be left out. SIL's is a top, started last year (the Harlequin quilt) so I know I can quilt it and be done.
- 6 Quilts for charity. My charity of choice would be QOV but I won't limit it to that one if there becomes a need for more. If time permits, I will do more. this one is really important to me.
- The Monopoly quilt for my son.
- The postage stamp quilt.
- The double wedding ring quilt.
- 3 quilted shawls.
- 4 twin quilts & a wall hanging for a family I am fond of and want to surpise (kids and parents).
Hmm, I feel like there is more but yeah, I know that's a lot already. Here's the thing. 1/3 of these are already started or almost done. I think I can really do this. I just have to be disciplined, committed, and focused. Right? LOL
Oh and in the midst of all my free time, I plan to attend the Sewing Summit again this year in Oct., get to at least one more retreat, meet up more often with blog friends in real life (hopefully) and blog more regularly to keep you aprised of my happenings.
Do you think I can do it? What are your resolutions?
While you think about it, have a look at a new project of mine?