Sunday, February 5, 2012

More swoon blocks

Swoon blocks 5, 6 and 7 for your viewing pleasure.  Block 7 gave me royal fits. I pieced, ripped, pieced, ripped and pieced ripped!  Here's hoping 8 & 9 are more pleasant to get through.


Do you see the mistake in this block #6? I messed up the center and since I did not want to rip it and re-sew, I've decided that this will be my center block for the 9 block pattern. 1 different center. (Shh, it will look like I did it on purpose.)
On a side note, there is wasted triangles when creating the flying geese pieces so I'm turning them into pinwheel blocks and I plan to use them as a border. This will help make it a large quilt for drapping a queen bed or a king bed.

Cheers!
Beck

4 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

I really like block number 6, looks good. I'm saving my bonus triangles too. I really want to make some chunky pinwheels. Your blocks look great!

Barb said...

Your blocks are so awesome!!

Shay said...

Looking good. Love the idea of a pinwheel border . It will showcase all the lovely fabrics you've used in this quilt.

Im starting to realise ripping is part of the process. I did that 6 times with one block over the weekend. There wasn't as much swearing as usual. Maybe Im becoming more accepting of mistakes?

QuiltNut Creations said...

I love your block 6 mistake; great idea to put it in the middle. your block 7 sounds like my block 4. I still haven't finished it lol.