Monday, November 19, 2012

A crazy journey - part 1

Part 1 of this journey begins in the middle of the story.  Swap partners were assigned for those of us who signed up to the Attendees' Post-Sewing Summit Swap party.  Since the idea is to use something you learned at SS, I thought I'd make a tote for my partner.

Jumping to the middle of the story now, the tote wouldn't work and I needed a new plan.  (I will give you the tote story another day, promise.) I decided, instead, to make a mini quilt.  I hatched a new plan and a mini was designed and executed.  I think the execution is better shown in photos so here you have it's progression.









My swap partner produces some fantastic work so I hope she likes the quirky item I wanted to send her way.  Personally, I love it and have a hard time sending it away. :)

I want to update you on two other items, also. First, I decided to scrap the entry for QuiltCon this year. It was a pipe dream, starting it so late, anyway. The timing just wasn't with me and I don't want to stress myself so much that I create a poor looking quilt. I decided next year, the idea will still be a good one.

Second, I did make a second block for my monthly star bee. The recipient likes it and that makes me happy.

What have you been up to?

Cheers!
Beck

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love your mini quilt! I'm sure your swap partner will be thrilled.

QuiltNut Creations said...

I loooooooooooove your mini quilt! And your star block is fabulous.