Friday, February 22, 2013

Happy Mail

This week was the week for happy mail.

I participated in a Kokka layer cake swap with 25 other people and here the fabrics all came.
I bought a new patter by Logan over at Logan Makes a Mess  and strips that I initially thought would be used for another quilt of valor scrappy trip quilt but now that I've seen them I might keep them and use them for this skirt pattern or a quilt of my own. I love them!
Finally, a surprise, surprise, surprise. The wonderful and talented Barb over at Bejeweled Quilts by Barb sent me a pillow cover for a sewing chair pillow that she made.

She designed, sewed and quilted it for the Moda's Sliced Challenge early in 2012 and you can see her photos and comments here of FRONT and BACK.  Isn't this beautiful? Isn't she talented?

Isn't she super generous for surprising me with this? I am so excited since I will be replacing my stool very soon for a backed chair and this is going to be the icing on the cake (or should I say support on the back?). With that nifty buckle on the back, it will hold in place on the chair and not fall each time I stand up. You know how often we all do that with all the up to press, down to sew that we do.

Thank you, Barb. You humble me.

What a great week of mail.

Cheers!
Beck

3 comments:

Barb said...

Now you just embarrassed me....

Shay said...

I vote for you taking those strips and making yourself a scrappy skirt. I love it!

Hand made gifts from friends always give me a thrill. Barb;s gift to you is beautiful!

Kay Lynne said...

Very beautiful fabrics--no matter what you use them for :)