So, I remeasured the top because it looked way too long with the added white borders. I was right. WAY too long. I pulled them off, left the colored square borders and loaded her up to quilt.
I am pleased with it even though it was a chore to quilt. Why? Simply b/c as I committed to the design, I envisioned it looking like crap. I didn't even look at it once off the frame for fear I'd never bind it. Honestly, I felt that ambivalent about it.
However, I am nothing if not honest and knew I had to take photos and post them here. Still unopened, I grabbed 2 kids, told them to hold it up on a 30 degree and windy day and snapped a couple photos.
And fell in love. I love how the quilting looks. I still think I could have done things differently but I also really like how I didn't do all four side triangles in triangle echo but only 2. I like how the borders show up. I love the loopy star quilting in the star (sorry, didn't show it) and that it's loose enough of a meander that the star still pops when looking at it.