If the answer to one or both of those is, "yes," then you have stopped at the right blog.
Toni at Make It Perfect has organized a world-wide blog auction event. Each auctioneer participant is holding an auction from his or her own blog with the proceeds going to the Queensland Government Relief Fund and I am one of those "auctioneers."
I know it's hard to bid on something you haven't see so I am providing a few examples of quilted fleece below. (I'm sorry for the bluriness but took em quick for this post.) Just remember, yours will be customized to what you want and I will help you find the right fabrics.
How this auction works:
1. Bidding will start at $20 (USD).
2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.
3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.
4. This auction is open to everyone, however $10 will be charged for International addresses (including Canadian). Postage is free for United States residents. The postage charge will also go directly to the Queensland Relief donation. So, if you bid $20 and win but live in Canada, you will donate $30 to the Queensland Relief. (The idea here is I will not be making any money but by donating supplies, time, and the mailing to you, I'm 'matching' your donation bid.)
5. The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight on Monday 24th January 2011.
6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will advise of the fleece blanket they would like (colors, etc) and the winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received, I will start work on your quilted fleece blanket.
7. Estimated completion time will be one to two weeks for the blanket (I'm sorry but I have a day job to pay the bills) and then regular post mailing (no priority shipping unless you wish to pay that directly). I will notify you once it's gone out to you.
Thank you for participating and happy bidding! Let's remember every little bit counts so please spread the word to friends, family and co-workers of this effort.