Sunday, June 22, 2008

"J" interrupts my project schedule

Has it really been 11 days since my last post? My goodness, a lot has happened. Hmm, I finished that "ugly challenge." Polls close today. I'm amazed to see the creativity of these women on the site. Everyone did a beautiful job working their ugly fabric in. In the meantime, my family and I came up with a fun way to share the ugly. More on that later, though, when I can dedicate an entire post to it. Today's entry is about my youngest son, "J."

I went to the store to pick up some fleece to back a quillow top. I created a quillow for my friend's dd for her first communion. It came out very nice and I was asked to forward a pattern. Since I made it up, I'll be posting a tutorial here when I've finished it. I would have that done already but I was delayed by J. He was at the store with me and asked me to make him a blanket so sweetly, I couldn't resist. We bought 10 fat quarters, 2 half yard cuts of fleece for the back (my family loves these fleece backed quilts I do for lap quilts!) and left the store with a plan. I did all the cutting and ironing, J helped with the sewing.

and he laid out his own pattern of blocks for front and back. He also helped tie the finished product. I think we make a good team. Check out the final version!














And yes, that's a bright hunter orange! How could I resist when he was so earnest in helping this entire project along?
Now, back to my scheduled projects!

1 comment:

Valerie Murphy said...

That is soo cute to have a loving son like yours!!!!!!!!
Is he 7 or 8 right now because my son is 15 and he is a handful with the girls and school and orchestra!!

LOVE YOUR WORK AND BLOG! KEEP BLOGGIN