Monday, April 27, 2009

Paducah - revisited

I went to Paducah for the second year in a row and once again, have to say... BEAUTIFUL WORK!

I oohed and ahhed, then I looked at detail. Marvelled at the workmanship and lamented at my own limitations. Mostly, I just said one of the following.

"That's gorgeous." "That's beautiful." "I'd take that home in a heartbeat."

And the most uttered phrase, "Insane, these women must have ended insane if they didn't start that way." (Referring to the hand pieced & quilted as well as those teeny tiny miniatures. -and yes, in a good way.)

You can see the winners off the AQS website here. Just beautiful work.
http://www.americanquilter.com/shows_contests/paducah/2009/contests/quilt_winners.php

I had a mishap in the am which delayed my morning departure so didn't get a chance to go to the Nat'l Quilt Museum and see the best in show winners of years past, but I still enjoyed myself.

Oh, and my tote worked like a charm. I purchased what I needed and wanted but managed not to overspend. I'm very proud of myself for that.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled quilting...

1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Paducah, how fun! On my list of things to do.

This is in regard to a question you asked about my quilt on the virtual quilt show. I didn't actually have a pattern to follow, just a little picture. But the quilt block is just the traditional kaleidoscope, 8x8 inches. Hope that helps.