Monday, February 1, 2010

J loves color

You know, I'm beginning to think 50% of J's sewing/quilting interest is knowing I post about it/him on this blog. He always comes to see who's commented. So, if you can leave a comment, I'm sure he (and I will) appreciate it.
The latest: a pillow case to go with his lap quilt and his bed quilt.  Here's the pillow case:

He participated in a lot of the sewing on this one. He's getting more comfortable sewing those straight seams!

The lap quilt he designed and helped sew 2 summers ago:

The bed quilt with every "cool" fabric he could find in my stash from last year:

Oh, and for those that don't know, the quiltlet at the top of my page was designed by both of us and made by both of us as a teacher's gift this year. The teacher also loves rainbow colors and he had been planning it since October.

Way to go, J, I'm very proud of you!

11 comments:

Quiltsmiles said...

Wow J! LOve your quilts. The lower pictured one looks like you could push the large squared buttons on it. The values of the colors you picked are superb! Nice job, your Mom should be proud! Way to go.
Smiles,
Jane

LINDA BYLSMA said...

J, you love color the same as I do. I'm very impressed with what you have done. Very cool quilts, that's for sure.

Leah Spencer said...

I hope the baby I'm expecting will like sewing as much as J! It'd be so fun to see what kind of color combinations and patterns the kid puts together.

Say... would 3 years old be too soon to start teaching it how to quilt? ;)

Barb said...

You two work well together...love the color....tell him that he is a cutie...

Bridget B said...

J, Love your bright cheery colors. Keep up your good sewing habits.

Lisa said...

Good job! My 5-year-old loves the brights too. Fun to see what they pick at each age!

Shay said...

Waving @ J.

Love your style kiddo!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That is so cute!

Gari in AL said...

I really like his bed quilt: I love multicolored quilts.

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my quilting! I am so nervous about showing others my work still! It really encouraged me. I love your work and that bottom quilt is special! The colours are fantastic too!
Lovely to meet a fellow quilter.
Love Collette xx

Myra said...

I think you have a little quilter there Becky! 8-)
Awesome designing there with your Ma J! Good for you! 8-)