Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weigh In Weds. - Insanity

Did you know I stopped exercising and paying attention to my eating somewhere a few months ago? Probably, since I haven't posted a weigh in wednesday since about that same time.

It's one thing to acknowledge you have all these excuses for not eating right or exercising. It's another tohot acknowledge and realize why. It's even more to make a real decision to change and move forward.  To get motivated and to figure out what you need to stay motivated.

I spent a number of weeks (yes, weeks) thinking about starting to exercise but I did manage to start eating healthier during this time.  I started using an app called "My Fitness Pal" to start tracking calories. This was helpful.

Eventually, my friend came and told me she bought the Insanity workout program and when I confessed I had been thinking about doing that program, a plan was hatched to do it together so we had someone to be accountable to.

About the same time, I found a new friend on Instagram (btw, I'm all over posting on Instagram... it's crazy) who turned out to be a coach with Beach Body.  She's been a treasure and good as gold, she's now my coach and I've joined her facebook page where there is also a virtual group of new friends to be accountable to.  It's been extremely helpful.

So, I started. I finished week 1 of the Insanity and I'm staying good about keeping in the right calorie range as well as eating foods that will fuel me instead of helping me.  I also joined a December challenge on Instagram to plank once per day to improve my core strength. Let me tell you, planking is not easy.

So, for your enjoyment, a pic of me when I'm done with an Insanity workout.  I feel good, even through the first week's soreness, I'm at a good place with energy level and hunger (meaning I'm not all that hungry outside of normal range so I know I'm doing right with my eating).

So, weigh in when I started?  172.5  A reminder of my height? 5'2"   Insanity program length? 60 days.

Wish me luck!

Beck

7 comments:

Kara {me and elna} said...

You're over posting on Instagram?! :(

PS: Great job on keeping up with the program!

Shay said...

Too busy laughing at the pic of you post workout to think of anything else to say...

Oh Instagram - I was over that ages ago! With the blog,Pinterest and Facebook I dont have time for Instagram!

Gari in AL said...

Great pic. I'm too old for insanity but I sure need a good kick in the butt to get back into exercise and better eating. Maybe I'll keep your picture as a reminder of what I should be doing. ;-)

Lil Chantilly said...

I was thinking about trying Insanity as well. Before my son was born I ran a marathon, but didn't eat that well. (I used running as an excuse to eat - and I was younger.) Now, I eat pretty darn well - and sadly don't exercise nearly as much as I should. It's kinda funny. I always wonder what would happen if I was able to do both at the same time! I love your pic - it made me smile and gave me some motivation!

Love your quilts and your blog, very impressive!

thea said...

Insanity?? Love the post-insanity picture. Can't wait to hear how it works ..

QuiltNut Creations said...

Good for you! i haven't been to the gym since April :(

jeifner said...

Luck! And well done!