Monday, August 12, 2013

I completed my first 5k Race

...but not sure it can really be called a race. It's title stated it was a race so maybe it does count after all.

You decide.

I, along with 4 of the kids and sister in law, completed the ROC Race (Ridiculous Obstacle Challenge Race) this past Saturday in DC.

After completing Insanity, I wanted to see if I could do a 5k but wasn't sure I wanted to run and only run. So, I started looking for a silly sort of 5k, a color run or something.  I found the ROC Race. I asked my family if they wanted to join and we all signed up.

I decided to show you my day in photos. Much more interesting than my words, I think.
Before:
Warming up. (Click on the link for video)  

During:













We didn't make it. (Click on the link for video)



 After:

At this point, all I can say is if you have this race come to your area, sign up and go. So much fun!

Now I want to do a Tough Mudder or a Spartan Race but I know I'm not there yet physically so one of them will be my goal for next summer or fall. They look awful and awesome!

What does that mean? Motivation to keep exercising and getting stronger and fitter. Motivation to continue to eat right.  All for the bragging rights of saying I. Did. It.

So, what will you do? What will your goal be? Start small. Meet the first goals, add new ones as you feel better and know you are stronger. I know you can do it.

Cheers!
Beck

3 comments:

quilthexle said...

You obviously had a lot of fun - congratulations !!!

Shay said...

Way to go guys! That does look like fun!(and none of you look completely exhausted at the end either!)

Kate said...

Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun! And you almost beat the wrecking ball- so close!