Ham Wrapped Scallops w/fruit terriyaki glaze and Tomato & Corn Salad
12 oz. bay scallops (fresh are good but if using frozen, THAW them first, please.)
9 to 18 pieces deli sliced honey ham (think thin sliced lunch meat)
salt, to taste
6 Roma tomatoes
16 oz sweet corn kernels (if using canned, drain; frozen, thaw)
1 stalk scallion
2 Tbsp. basil vinagrette dressing (if you don't have this dressing, choose an italian vinagrette or equally subdued vinagrette and add fresh, chopped basil to it)
1 Tbsp cherry jam
1 Tbsp blackberry jam (you can substitute jams, just try to stick in the berry family)
4 Tbsp apricot ginger terriyaki sauce (or you can simply add terriyaki, fresh ground ginger root and apricot jam/preserves or juice when the time comes)
1. Finely chop scallions and put into small bowl.
2. Dice tomatoes. Add to scallions and add corn to bowl. (Note: If using canned corn, drain first.)
3. Add basil vinaigrette. Mix well, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Season scallops with salt.
5. Roll 1 scallop into 1 piece of ham. (Note: My ham slice was approximately the size of a slice of bread. Therefore I used 9 slices of ham but cut each in half for a total of 18.The idea is a small piece of ham that rolls completely around a scallop.) Place on a greased cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrease for 10 min., lower heat to 300 and bake 10 minutes more or until done. The ham should not be crispy.
8. Grab the tomato salad and plate up your food. Drizzle glaze over scallops on your plate.