I did it last weekend. I was ready to sew and post pictures of the top I whipped up but a variety of events only allowed me to get the rows done but not put the rows together. Another post, under the dogs category will explain why soon.
Anyway, even though I wasn't able to bring some quilty goodness to in this post, I will be able to do so tomorrow. For today, I thought I'd share some of my NEW favorite things. You see, my friend Shay at Quilting in My Pyjamas has decided to do a Favorite Things Friday. I've added her button to the sidebar so you can link directly there.) She's been a good blog friend so I felt I owed her a plug.
Okay, not really on owing her a plug but I do think it's a good idea to reflect on the good things in your life so I will be participating in this little weekly fav fest. Today's favorite things are new. (I preface these by saying we are generally suburb people who now rent 47 acres in farm country.)
1) Walking out at 9pm, glancing at the sky and the word, "wow" slipping out of my mouth to see the blanket of stars and nothing else.
2) Dragging the kids out so they can see the same and hearing them exclaim their words of awesomeness at the site. Even better, going inside and the kids staying out well after to star gaze themselves.
3) Walking out in the morning to see a gaggle of turkey in the openning to the back pasture.
4) Walking out the next morning to see a family of deer walking in the side pasture.
5) Standing on the deck at any given point and hearing the ducks and geese in the neighbors pond.
6) Watching the kids go pet our friends' horses and just share space with them.
7) Enjoying the dogs enjoying the country.
8) Scense like these:
10) Learning to can with all the fresh veggies and fruits I'm going to buy from the stands on the sides of the road around here.
What are your favorite things today?