After seeing the tote I made myself and the one I made for a swap buddy, my mom asked me to make a tote for her.
She bought batiks and gave them to me to use.
I set about, once again, to create another tote. I made 3 changes this time around. The first change was to sew all the rectangles for each side together and then iron them to two large pieces of interfacing instead of of cutting the interfacing into individual rectangle pieces.
The second change was to make longer straps. My mom intends to use this tote to haul items to and from the thrift house she works at. She takes toys and clothes home, cleans them and brings them back to the thrift house to sell. She commented that the bag sometimes gets really heavy so I wanted to be sure I gave her a chance to wear it across her chest if she needed to.
The final change is an improvement. I quilted on straight lines. I love the final look and thankfully, so does mom.
I am beginning to feel like a “one bag pony” over here but at least we are all happy.