Sunday, April 25, 2010

Public Service Announcement. Yes, for you!

If you notice your machine is getting noisy. Sounds like loose metal clanging and you generally keep your machine clean,

TRY OILING IT!

I changed a bobbin on Ms. Midge yesterday and in the process tried to diagnose the noise I keep hearing. Usually, I only hear the tinging when the bobbin thread is low but this was happening without a bobbin altogether. 

So, I thought, what the heck, I'll oil down there and see what that does. HOLY CRAP... okay, I said the "S" word. NO noise.

I started sewing again and who knew, I actually have a quiet Ms. Midge.  She's only been loud b/c I haven't been paying attention.

So yea, oil your damn machines.

C-ya! Beck

4 comments:

Shay said...

I'm putting my hand up and saying that in 20 years of sewing, I;ve never oiled a machine yet.

Isn't that what my every 6 years service is for?

CJ said...

OMG! I oil all my machines after EVERY bobbin change! LOL

Shay said...

OMG I'm supposed to change the bobbin as well?????

Just kidding ...

Barb said...

Funny.....