Friday, July 27, 2012

Crazy Girly Quilt


I started 2 quilts last year with nothing more in mind than improvised piecing. The first one I worked on was a little more structured and the subject of today's post.  It's a child's throw quilt.

The top was completed but then it sat until my 7-year old niece came to visit.  She saw it and wanted it. Hmm, would you have said no?

So, I threw it up on the frame and knocked it out in a couple of hours. Simple meander with little flowers.

I'll be sending it down to her at Christmas-time, I think.

Linking up to AmyLouWho's Sew and Tell Friday (2 other July finishes in case you are interested: Rainbow Trails and Sue Does Her Own Thing). Check out the other finishes if you want some good inspiration.

Cheers!
Becky

8 comments:

thea said...

What's not to want/love. I love it when someone wants something that I made. What a great quilt.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

It's wonderful! But then green is my favorite color. :)

Dora, the Quilter said...

It is such a pretty quilt. I'm sure your niece will treasure it. I like that it can follow her into her first apartment.

Beth said...

So cute! Great color and fabrics! I'll have to take a peek at your other finishes.

Kate said...

Very pretty. Love the pink and that bright blue!

Angie said...

Becky - Perfect for a young girl! How could you not say no! What a great collection of scraps, these really are some nostalgic quilts when you look back at the fabrics that are in them. Great job, and I am sure that you niece will love it!

Leslie said...

this looks great. bright and fun!!! i love the addition of the little flowers to the quilting.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Super cute! I love the bright colours.