Stuffed Burgers w/Cheesy Potatoes & Broccoli
Ingredients for the Stuffed Burgers:
1 lbs ground beef
2 Tbsp. chopped scallions (green onion)
1 Tbsp. minced white onion
2 Tbsp. Worceshire sauce
1-2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
6 Tbsp. spinach/artichoke spreadable (or thick) dip (you can use just about any flavor cream based dip but if you have this kind, give it a try. It gave a sharp flavor that blended well overall.)
garlic mayonnaise (store bought or take some minced garlic, mash to a paste and mix with mayo to taste)
Arnold Select white wheat thins (basically, bread or sandwich rolls)
Seasonings: garlic powder, salt, pepper, Lowry's (cajun seasoning can be a substitute)
Ingredients for the cheesy potatoes and broccoli:
oil spray (canola is best)
5 small white potatoes
1 bag frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
5 Tbsp butter
1 cup milk
1 - 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions for the meal (items 1 -4, 8-13, 20 & 21 are specific to burgers):
1) In a bowl large enough to fit the ground beef, add the first five ingredients.
2) To bowl, add 1 tsp. each: garlic powder and Lowry's. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper.
5) Spray large frying pan well with canola oil, add 2 Tbsp. butter. On medium heat, melt butter.
6) Cut potatoes into cubes and add to frying pan, increase heat slightly and cover pan. (While not on the ingredient list, if you want to dice a 1/2 of white onion and add at the same time as the potatoes, that is very good.)
8) Divide meat evenly into 6 sections.
9) For each section, divide in half. Form each half into a hamburger patty with a small indentation (about the size of a teaspoon from the center to about 1/2 inch away from the edge of the patty.
10) Take 1 Tbsp. spinach/artichoke dip and spread in indentation.
13) Hand them the plate, tell them to be careful not to squeeze the burgers down while he/she grills them. (Or, heat a frying pan and start frying the burgers up, however you handle cooking a normal burger.)
14) Pour a glass of wine.
17) Reduce heat, add cheese slowly and stirring regularly. I usually do this by adding one palmful at a time. I don't add the next palmful until the last is almost or is completely melted in the milk.
19) Turn off heat and pour cheese mixture over broccoli and potatoes. Stir. Reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered until burgers are done or until sauce thickens slightly.
I hope you like it.