Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mystery Meal 2- Ingredient List

Alright, I had a hiatus last week (is it sad I needed a hiatus only after 1 previous week?) but I'm back.

Here's the ingredient list for this week's mystery meal. 
12 oz. bay scallops (fresh are good but if using frozen, THAW them first, please.)
9 to 18 pieces deli sliced honey ham (think thin sliced lunch meat)
salt, to taste
6 Roma tomatoes
16 oz sweet corn kernels (if using canned, drain; frozen, thaw)
1 stalk scallion
2 Tbsp. basil vinagrette dressing (if you don't have this dressing, choose an italian vinagrette or equally subdued vinagrette and add fresh, chopped basil to it)
1 Tbsp cherry jam
1 Tbsp blackberry jam (you can substitute jams, just try to stick in the berry family)
4 Tbsp apricot ginger terriyaki sauce (or you can simply add terriyaki, fresh ground ginger root and apricot jam/preserves or juice when the time comes)

Do you have a guess as to what we are making?

Cheers, Beck

4 comments:

Marg said...

Looks intriguing. I hope Mrs P actually reads the recipe properly this time, although I'm not sure that you typed "thaw" and "drain" large enough.

Shay said...

I think we're making ham wrapped scallops with a demiglaze made from the fruity stuff.

I also think Marg is being very mean to me.

Thankyou for making the word THAW in MASSIVE font...I did notice it this time...

Wanders off muttering "why are people taking the piss out of me?"

Paulette said...

Hm, this looks quite interesting, and so far gluten and dairy free.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I tried, Marg, I tried. :D

Ms P, you brought it on yourself because of the last go around but I will give you brownie points, you have the idea.

P, having no restrictions (required or self-imposed) I can't say I will be able to provide many good meals for you but I'm glad this one seems to fit and hope you give it a try at some point.

cheers! Beck