Monday, September 13, 2010

Let's get the lead out people!

Yes, I mean YOU.  When was the last time you sat down and set up your "what is my sewing/quilting/crafting/recipe making schedule"? Alright, I really meant all of the foregoing questions and title for myself... not you. :D

So, what are my goals to finish and by when?

I have a mother who, not so long ago, pointed out that while I gave her a wonderful tablerunner for St. Pat's day/Easter, she now needs one for all the other holidays.  A good Christmas present, wouldn't you say? The bonus? I have leftover fabric from my own Halloween placemats, I think, and she gifted me with a large stash of fabrics she collected over the year's from JoAnn's as an employee. I am sure I have enough to cover what she would like.  So, on the list for a Christmas gift.

Now, what else? Oh yes, the quilt for SIL that has been 1.5yrs in the waiting. (yes, I said waiting, not making.) I'm making it now. I've shown her the photos so now it's a hot issue for the holiday for me to get it done.  Christmas gift #2.

I would very much like to make a quilt for my SIL who let my DD stay with her this summer for a couple weeks.  I am thinking something very simple so it could be a weekend project.  With a fleece back and an all over quilting pattern, maybe 2 weekends, tops. Christmas gift #3.

That's all I've got. It feels like a light load this year compared to past years but then, I now SIL's paper-pieced quilt will take up a good amount of time.

I haven't set complete by goals yet, however.  I think I'll get to that tonight so I can put myself in a sewing routine. 

What about you? What are your holiday or year end goals and were are you in the planning/completing processes?

Beck

5 comments:

Barb said...

Well...I guess I better get the lead out and get busy and plan some...shame on me!

QuiltNut Creations said...

um, well. mom's birthday was July 26th, i bought the fabric for her gift. and our oldest turned 15 yesterday and i have his fabric bought lol!

guess i need to get started on those for Christmas eh?

Shay said...

One of these years I'm going to handmake all my Christmas gifts. If I start in January I might just be able to manage it .

Oh dear my goal for this year were not to have any WIP's by the end of it. Get the lead out will certainly apply to me if I am to make that dream come true!

Paulette said...

I want to get the current UFOs/WIPs done by year end, and that means quilting them. Problem is I keep coming up with other ideas that threaten to derail me.

Myra said...

Sounds like you are set for a bit Beck! Good for you!
I am waiting to get the weddings over and done, and the wedding quilts off my sewing surfaces... Then it will be time to make my plans...
Happy stitchings!